Wednesday, December 17, 2008

God Never Ceases to Amaze Me

He doesn't - just when I think things are rocking along, He mixes it up.  I have numerous stories where He has amazed me by revealing himself - most significant are my physical healing in 2005, becoming LifeKIDS Director that same year, becoming kids pastor at Sanctuary this year, and most recently being moved back to LifeChurch.tv at the new Owasso campus.  Each story is interesting (at least I think so), and He has used these stories to speak to and encourage others.  But as I read a bit of Oswald Chambers this morning, I am reminded that it isn't the story that changes lives, but God through his Holy Spirit. Here's a snippet of today's devotion:

'The creative power of the redemption of God works in the souls of men only through the preaching of the gospel.  It is never the sharing of personal experiences that saves people, but the truth of redemption.  "The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63)'

Although the most recent story of how God spoke to me through a dream is remarkable (it still blows me away), it is only a catalyst to lead people to hear the gospel - where God will reveal His redemptive power.

No comments: