Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wedding Announcement

Got your attention, didn't I?  I certainly wouldn't announce such an event on my blog - actually, I probably wouldn't announce it at all.  You would likely find out after I returned from Vegas, Arkansas, or the County Courthouse and I asked you to help me move. (Just kidding - I'm not that callous.)  

On a serious note.  As followers of Christ, we have been given an eternal gift - to be the bride of Christ himself as He brings Heaven to earth.  We should be planning our wedding day, looking forward to it with excitement and inviting everyone we know to attend.  Just like children staring at beautifully wrapped gifts under the tree, filled with anticipation of Christmas morning, we should be filled with the excitement of knowing that Christ is going to return for us - giving us the ultimate gift of eternal life.

As we ready ourselves to celebrate His birth, let's also remember His promise to return.  What a celebration will be had this Christmas as we give thanks for what He has done as well as what He has promised to do in the future.  Ready yourselves - the wedding will be the most magnificent ever!

"...A man can receive only what is given him from heaven...The bride belongs to the bridegroom.  The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegrooms voice."  John 3:27-29  'Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:  "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.  Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.  Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." Revelation 19:6
And in the event I ever get married again here on earth, you, my loyal blog readers, will be towards the top of the list of "people in the know."

No comments: