Monday, September 15, 2008

Exclamation Point

I love me a good Exclamation Point!!  In recent years, I feel like everything I have to say in writing deserves this high form of punctuation - placing emphasis on the preceding string of words as if to say "pay attention because I mean it."  But does each and every sentence really have to have that much impact?  I don't know...it's a hard question that I have to ask myself.

So here's my answer...My name is Robyn Brinkley and I am an Exclamation Point Addict!  I would submit myself to a 12 step program, but frankly, I love my Exclamation Point way too much to give it up!  And many times when I sit down to write, it's because I feel God is laying something on me to share, and He deserves such awesome emphasis!  (Is one of the signs of an addiction "rationalization?")

So expect to continue to see this weighty punctuation mark in most anything I write, from e-mails and thank you notes to blogs cuz I'm not givin' it up.  I'm not really sure why I'm even writing about punctuation right now...but it's kind of fun - and it takes my mind off of my other addiction - tea...I'm out of tea right now, so here come the exclamation points!!!!!

1 comment:

RobynBrinkley said...

I really do love your name. :)