Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Reconnecting

Do you have friends that you haven't connected with in awhile? Do you ever say "I wonder what happened to..."? Recently I was thinking about my best friend from high school. Just as I was thinking of her, I received a Friend Request from her on Facebook. Obviously not a coincidence (especially since I don't believe in coincidences). I was so excited! We had been the best of friends, but with us both getting married, and then my move to Oklahoma, we lost contact.

As we began reconnecting, it was pretty uncanny how our lives seemed to compliment each other. She had planned to be a youth pastor, and while I spent many years "running" from the church, I wound up entering into ministry. We were both outdoors people, she much more athletic and coordinated than I, but our interests are quite similar.

I can't help but wonder what God is showing me through our reconnection. Obviously, I am thrilled to pick up our friendship where it left off - that goes without saying! But it wouldn't be like me to just leave it at that. Everyone who knows me recognizes that I have to evaluate the situation to look for God's hand. And true to form, He is revealing things to me through my friend - two things really: perseverance and steadfastness. My friend has persevered through some difficult times. And she has remained steadfast in her commitment to herself and to her family. Details aren't appropriate or even necessary - just know she is a Proverbs 31 woman.

"She sets about her work vigorously, her arms are strong for their tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night." Prov 31:17-18

I am pleased to get to know my friend again and can't wait to see what else God is going to reveal through her. Is there someone in your life that you've been thinking about? Why not search for them on Facebook...or better yet, pick up the phone?

No comments: