Saturday, March 8, 2008

How Did I Get Here?

Here goes - my first real blog post. Be gentle!

Life is good - and it makes me wonder How did I get here? I believe we are the sum of all of our parts - meaning that all of our past experiences, whether victories or failures, help to make us who we are today. There have been many failures in my past...certainly it seems more than the victories...but today, I wonder with all of the mistakes and stupidity, why does God still chose to bless me so enormously?

Today's blessings seem infinite! Don't get me wrong, the memories of mistakes and failures are still there and I pray that I will never stop learning from them. "But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed." 1 Peter 3:13 There is another scripture that says something like "I consider it pure joy to suffer in Christ" (that's obviously a paraphrase cuz my brain can't remember where to find it). So here's the deal - even though I don't deserve them, here are the blessings I am counting today:

  • That He works through me to change lives for His Kingdom;
  • My incredible son who makes me laugh and makes me crazy at the same time - his big green eyes just make me melt;
  • An amazing relationship in my life - not sure where it's going but I'm filled with almost explosive anticipation, enjoying every moment;
  • Unbelievable friends and accountability partners who love me no matter what;
  • The best place in the whole world to work, with the the strongest team of family sharing the most important purpose;
  • Relationships with hundreds of children, parents and the best volunteers in the universe;
  • Sunshine (although it's just barely peaking through the clouds today);
  • And YOU - cuz if you are reading this, and got this far, then I haven't bored you to death and that makes me happy!

Now that I've thought about it a bit, I guess I can stop asking "How Did I Get Here" and start asking "What am I going to do now that I'm here." What about you? Now that you're here, what are your blessings, and what are you going to do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogging world, friend! i was reminded last night of the blessing my husband is to me. more patient than i deserve. but i'm not going to ask how... just going to ask what more can i do for him.

love you sis! looking forward to more insights from your noggin. :)

Theresa said...

Gina sent us all over here. I am sure you will get an influx of readers. Welcome to the world of Blogging. I look forward to reading more. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!! Hopped over here from Gina's site--looking forward to getting to know you!