Monday, May 19, 2008

Need a Hug?

Well, I do. Today has been a long, difficult day. No reason really - can't blame it on the dreaded PMS, no one stole my favorite blankie or peed in my "Post Toasties," it's just been a long day. Sitting in my apartment alone, and no chance of a physical hug, I turned to the pages of the Bible.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10.

Now THAT's a hug! I could still really use a strong, full on physical hug, but as I close my eyes and visualize My God holding me up with His "righteous right hand," that's better than any earthly embrace I could ever imagine. As always, God is ready and waiting to meet me when I take the time to turn to Him.

No comments: