Tuesday, June 24, 2008

News

Last week I posted about stepping out of the boat in obedience like Peter, and the "sphere of influence" God has granted me. Well, I am being obedient and have climbed over the side of the boat, and my sphere of influence is becoming broader. My feet are standing on the top of the water and the good news - my flip flops are dry.

If you haven't already heard the news, here it is. God has asked me to leave my position at the LifeChurch.tv Tulsa campus and embark on a new adventure. I know - I still can't believe it myself. I figured that I would grow old and die here and they would have to shove me out the door in a coffin. But, God has different plans. Effective July 15th I will become the Children's Pastor at People's Church in Tulsa.

Leaving something as amazing, as God gifted, as blessed, as impactful, as incredible as LifeChurch.tv - well, why would anyone leave? Only two reasons - either because you are certifiably insane or...because God said so. I know God has this all worked out - after all, He said "For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11.

By allowing me to serve at the Tulsa campus of LC.tv for these handful of years, God has truly blessed me beyond measure. I am thankful for each child that ever walked through "the yellow walls" and every person I have had the opportunity to serve with. I will miss this place, its staff and most of all, its people.

As I step out on the water, please pray with me that my focus will remain on His will and I will not look down...I'm not a very good swimmer!

1 comment:

megan k said...

Matt and I are so so excited for you. I'm sad though, we are leaving B'ville in a few months and heading to Owasso (Matt got a promo) to live and we will start attending Life there(t-town). :(

We are kind of in the same boat as you, literally. Change is hard and scary, but fullfilling(sp)

Read my G.P.S. posting, it applies to you as well. ;)