Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Orbit and Other Stuff

Isn't it amazing when God speaks? Do you ever just wonder why, with all that He has to do, does He take the time to speak to us? Here's scripture from two separate devotions today:

"...Peter...walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous he was afraid..." Matthew 14:29-30

"The Lord is more pleased when we do what is right and just than when we offer him sacrifices." Proverbs 21:3

First - with all of the rain here in Oklahoma, it seems like we have been walking on water for days.

Okay - back to business. One of my questions in my previous post was "What is my sphere of influence?" The easy answer: those within my orbit - kids and parents in our children's ministry, family, friends, co-workers, etc. Right now though, my sphere is changing. God is moving me beyond what I ever considered doing.

When he brought me to children's ministry, I thought He was stinkin' hilarious. Kids? Yeah...right. Several years later, I recognize that His purpose was right on - and I'm no longer laughing. He has equipped me with passion and skills that I never imagined. And now, He's asking me to step out of the boat in the midst of a very boisterous wind and trust Him to stay the water so that it is rock solid for walking.

I pray that He will be pleased as I step out onto the water and that He will expand my sphere of influence in the way that He sees fit.

No comments: