Thursday, September 19, 2013

On the Brink - But Relinquishing Control

I have had numerous reasons to be angry with God in the past...health issues, financial ruin, all of the "stuff" that ended my marriage...and the list could go on.  Funny thing is, I don't ever recall being angry with the Lord. Instead, I have done something much worse - I took control.  Yep, I'm a Control Freak  (right, like you didn't already know that little tidbit).

In my human logic, I figured if God wasn't going to fix my situation du juor, then by golly I sure will!  After I achieved limited (if any) success, I could often feel God saying,
How'd that work out for ya?
Well, not very good God. To which His response was to clean up the mess I had made, dust me off and gently point me in the right direction.

As I am dealing once again with my physical body retaliating against me, my spiritual mind has seemed to awake. The physical limitations, financial concerns, and the future plan questions that remain unanswered would normally place me in a state of panic.  But for once, instead of taking over, I have relinquished control.

Can I just tell you what a sense of peace it gives me to know that the Creator of the Universe has "got this?"

He is working miracles daily (including restoring my ability to write) and continues to remind me of my purpose:
To lead women into their Significance in Christ.
As I sought His face this afternoon to thank Him for a call I received ending in a positive outcome, He provided the following scriptures:
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life ? (Matthew 6:25-27 NIV)
 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Romans 8:31, 32 NIV)
Are you a Control Freak? Time to "let go and let God." 

Shalom my Friends.

No comments: