Friday, April 4, 2008

Success

Do you ever hear "she's a successful businesswoman" or "he's a successful author." For many years (more than I'd care to count), I strived to be a success in my field as a contract negotiator. I defined success mostly by how many deals I closed, how much money I made, and how quickly I climbed the "ladder." But since my focus has changed, so has my definition of success.

My dad always said success is the "complete realization of a worthy goal." To break it down, there are 3 key elements:
  1. Goal - can't measure success without a goal to achieve.
  2. Worth - is the goal actually something that will make a change - dare I say - change the world.
  3. Realization - actually achieving the goal and, thereby, changing the world.

I have many opportunities for success - as a parent, within relationships and in ministry. I will share some of them with you in the next post. Meantime - I really want to hear from you. What is your definition of success, and what are you doing towards achievement? Come on now - let's get a good conversation going.

No comments: