Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weakness

I will get back to Success in a few days, but today God is revealing a different post. Weakness. Webster defines weak as "lacking strength," "not able to withstand attack." Most of us can identify with being weak throughout our lives, and often our thoughts turn to tumultuous times. There are many of these examples in my history, and their memory is generally engulfed in darkness...the illness I endured that nearly put me in a wheelchair not once, but twice; the loss of my marriage; losing our house and all of the other material possessions for which I worked so hard for 15 years. (Okay - before I go any further - don't cry for me because although these times really stunk, I am thankful because they made me who I am today.)

Today, however, I am facing a different kind of weakness. Weakness in managing my blessings. How do I keep focused on Him and His purpose when He has blessed me so much? Seems crazy - you're probably wondering what in the freak is my problem. It's not a problem really, just a recognition that if I am not careful, I will fall into the trap of being totally focused on my blessings, and not on the blesser!

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persectuions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." Father - I rest in my weakness...work in me your perfect plan, grant me focus, make me the leader, the mother, the partner you want me to be and help me to manage the blessings you have bestowed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Robyn! Very insightful! Missed you this weekend.

Trina said...

It is in our weakness that we are drawn nearer.... Sometimes we think we are close to God, then something happens and we realize, that we can be even closer... for me when I am at my weakest it helps to remember that all things work together for the greater good for those who believe in God... He is all we will ever need and those of us who are so very blessed owe so very much, that we can never repay, thankfully that is where Jesus came in... there have been times when I felt like my blessings were my weaknesses but then I remeber all thing work together, lol... I love our church family, Thanks God!