Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Abraham - Cliff Notes Version

I was in high school when I discovered Cliff Notes.  I liked to read, but was a little rebellious when it came to assigned reading.  Cliff Notes were the answer!  Of course, a good set of Cliff Notes would leave me wanting more - and often I would go back and read the actual book anyway.

While reading Acts 7 today, it struck me that this was Stephen's "Cliff Notes" version of Christian history, beginning with Abraham all of the way up to Stephen himself.  It's clear, concise and reflects the full essence of God himself.

And I feel like I graduated successfully - this time, I've actually read the full transcript before the Cliff Notes, which made Stephen's account even more interesting.  My high school teachers would be proud!

So, if you haven't tackled the Old Testament, check out Acts 7. It will leave you wanting more - be prepared, you'll want to read the book of Genesis!

No comments: