Thursday, February 3, 2011

Routine

This week we experienced "snowmageddon," "snowpocalypse" whatever you want to call the blizzard that dropped between 14" and 21" of snow across the Tulsa metro area.  Because we are not used to this type of weather, we don't have the equipment to clear the roads - so, it means that we've been snowed in now for 3 days.  This has really messed with my routine!

Normally, I get up early, put on a pot of hot water for tea, brush my teeth then sit down to read my Bible.  After reading, I pray, then move to the computer to write whatever's on my mind in this blog.  Well, this week, my morning has been filled with watching news reports, checking emails and working from home.  I've allowed this disruption in my routine to distract me from the most important task...reading God's word!  I filled myself with so much worldy information, that I failed to seek the Father first!

I'm upset with myself because I really don't like disappointing God by not including Him first.  So this morning, I sought His face, read His word, and asked for forgiveness.  His word to me was sweet, He didn't hold back, even though I had for two full days.  Thank you Lord that you care enough to forgive me and still provide your guidance and love, even when I don't show it back!

No comments: