Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Here - 18

Yep - it's here.  Josh turns 18 today.  I cleared the day and evening for him - And, it is obvious that I am way more excited than he is.  What's he doing right now?  Sleeping!  His gift and card are sitting in the living room, taunting me, all while Josh slumbers in his room.  Doesn't he know it's a big day for me too?  Just kidding (okay, not really)!

Here are a few attributes that make Josh so special:

  • Emerald green eyes.
  • Thick hair (I prayed for his hair before he was born - genetics called for extremely thin and receding hair - thank you God).
  • Incredible smile.
  • Quick wit.
  • Teases me mercilessly.
  • Can easily pick me up off the floor.
  • Gives the best hugs.
  • Can fix anything, whether or not he has the proper tools.
  • Very good shot.
  • Excellent bass fisherman.
  • Appreciates the outdoors.
  • Protective.
  • Loyal to his friends and family.
  • Kind.
  • Genuine.
  • Truthful.
  • Loves God.
  • Loves his family.
Eighteen years have passed and I'm certain there are many more ahead.  While I am excited about Josh's history, I am far more excited about his future.  He has incredible potential, and the opportunities are endless.  I can hardly wait to see God's plans, and how they unfold.

So, if you see him at the Bixby Chick-Fil-A in the near future, wish him a Happy Birthday.  But please, don't tell him his mom asked you to - he's still embarrassed by me.  At what age does THAT end?

No comments: