Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lessons from Laser Tag

Our team works hard, and sometimes we get to play hard.  Yesterday we played laser tag together.  Now, I already knew this would be a challenge for me (I was a laser tag virgin before yesterday).  I've recently learned how to shoot a handgun at a target and did fairly well.  I also recently learned how to shoot a shotgun at a moving target - and let's just say I need more practice.  Since in laser tag, people move around, I had flashbacks of clay disks flying through the air and landing untouched by my shotgun shells.

I had every reason to be concerned - the first round, I was last, but my score did break 100.  The second round we paired up and thankfully I picked the best teammate; however, once again, my score was the worst - and this time, it was only 29.  Wow - if that doesn't make you feel like a loser!  Luckily for me, my teammate carried us and we WON!

Here's what I learned yesterday:

  • Never trust a little kid with a laser gun - they like following you around just so they can see the pretty lights go out every time they shoot you.
  • LifeChurch.tv staff members are, by their very nature, competitive.  Which means you can't trust them either.  They like to hide in high places and seek you out.  I think some of them were military trained. 
  • Rules?  What rules?  Cover your laser pack with anything you can to keep from getting shot.
  • I am a jack of all trades but master of none - I can play, but there's no chance that I'll be mastering laser tag in this lifetime.
  • Scripture is true - I'm running out of time this morning, so I'll look up the scripture reference and post it later - but there's scripture about the least being first.  I had the worst score, but because I teamed up with the best player, we won first place.  This is true in life as well - team up with the best - Jesus Christ, and you will always win the race.

1 comment:

Cari said...

Wow! An amazing message in this desert time with Cayden's mother. I have been so anxious and so sad about the pain he has to endure because of her. I needed to be reminded that we are all teaming up with Jesus Christ for this little precious angel! Cayden may have scars and hurts but he loves the Lord; he is on the right team! Thank you so much Robyn!!!