Thursday, January 13, 2011

Doubt is Out the Window

For months I have been playing Doubting Thomas.  I think I'm on the right track, then turn back because I doubt myself.  The littlest speck of "debris" on the tracks and I stop the speeding train for fear of derailment. 

In the message at LifeChurch.tv this past weekend (which you can check out at Church Online through Saturday), our senior pastor Craig Groeschel talked about how we would be "big thinking, bet-the-farm risk takers."  Craig has spoken those words to his staff several times over the past year and each time I think - yeah, that's me, a bet-the-farm risk taker.  But, my actions have not been a reflection...until now.

Several things have happened in the past few days.  First, I received an email from a friend whom I had asked to pray for me.  His words were uplifting and encouraging throughout the email - but the words that stuck the most are those he heard directly from God - "Change is coming and it is going to be GOOD."  Fast forward a few days - had a fantastic meeting with a couple of powerful women yesterday, one of whom also received a word from God for me - "Change is coming and it is going to be GOOD."  But she cautioned, change won't happen unless I'm willing to take some risks.

This morning, I read:
"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."  James 1:5-8
I've asked for wisdom, have asked others to pray for me in this regard, and the word of God is clear and true.  Do not doubt.  Do not be double-minded.  Do not be unstable in all I do.  Believe and He will give it generously and without finding fault.

The events of the past few days, and these words from God have lifted the yoke of bondage I've been in for a few months.  God is giving me Wisdom, and giving it generously.

I will seek after what God has promised with passion and determination.  I am a Big Thinking, Bet-the-Farm Risk Taker, and I am empowered by God himself.  So watch out because I won't be stopped!

Thank you for those who have prayed for me and I ask for your continued prayers!  God wants to do big and mighty things that only He can do.  Doubts are out the window!  Who wants to join me?

No comments: