Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Over

Well - the 21 day fast has officially ended - and what do I want for breakfast?  A banana and peanut butter.  Seems crazy, I know, but I think it's an indication of how I feel about this fast and its impact on me spiritually, emotionally and physically.  Truth is - I'm a bit sad that it's over (noticed I said "a bit").

My mind is racing with a million things I want to write today comparing this fast to different experiences, but I think I'll leave it at this:

Today, my mind is clearer, my body is healthier, and my heart is fuller.  I see myself more clearly as a child of God and a woman of significance for Him.  I am closer to God than I have been in a long time, and He is revealing to me, brick by brick, the path that He has for me. 

And...I am afraid.  I don't ever want to step back to where I was a month ago.  I want to be in His courts, in His presence, in His will, the rest of the days of my life.  God has revealed some big things and He has put people in my path to keep me accountable and to guide and direct me.  He is creating new relationships and strengthening old ones that He will use to keep me on His path.

Today, I no longer have the "crutch" of a corporate fast.  But, today, I have my Father...and it is Good!

No comments: