Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not Tempted - But Tested

With obedience and vulnerability sometimes comes testing.  My reason for fasting is multi-faceted - to be obedient to the calling of our senior pastor who has called our church to fast; to be obedient to God who has demonstrated fasting in his followers in many instances throughout the Bible; and the most important, to become closer to my Savior!  Any time we seek after God with all of our hearts, we cause a real threat to the enemy - and his desire is to bring us down.

Yesterday, my son called on his way to school and his truck is having problems.  It's the transmission.  Anyone who knows anything about cars knows that transmission problems are extremely expensive.  And, like many families, we do not have the kind of money necessary to replace the transmission.  This morning I'm going to try to drive it to a repair shop and see if we can get an estimate.  I am praying fervently that God miraculously heals the truck on my way to the repair shop, or at a very minimum, causes the repair to be inexpensive.  Unfortunately, we live in a town that has little or no mass transportation, and my son has to get from one school to another, and then to work each day - so a vehicle is necessary.  To many this may sound like a mere inconvenience, but for me being a single mom, it's a bit bigger.

We all face many trials, some more than others, and perservere.  This is no exception - we will get through this one.  We will not let the enemy win and bring us down.  We will call on the one true living God to take care of us.  He will provide the solution.  And we will praise Him that He has given us the truck to begin with.

And, if you see me on the road driving a beat up 1990 GMC Sierra pickup, wave.  But forgive me if I don't wave back through the dark tinted windows - I'll probably be distracted because I'll be gettin' my "G" lean on and rockin' out with the stereo cranked - may as well take advantage of the amazing sound system and pretend I'm a teenager again!

No comments: