Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's Working

Isn't it amazing when what you seek from God, He delivers?  The past 9 days, I have been seeking God for focus and for change.  And each day, I receive a little more from Him.  My mind wanders a little less, my focus seems to be getting clearer, and He is definitely changing the way I handle the life that spirals around me.

A quick example - yesterday, I reached out to several people about a project I want to undertake.  Before I could get a response, I heard from someone else on why it wouldn't work.  Usually, I am quick to react, fast to jump right back and defend my case.  But something told me to hang on, be patient, wait until tomorrow to answer.  As the day wore on, I finally did begin to receive responses from those whom I had petitioned...and they are interested in looking into this project.  Thankfully, I held my tongue, kept my cool...and waited.  Of course, there's still a long way to go on this project, and it may face many hurdles before seeing completion, but I know now that God is guiding me and with Him, it will work after all!

I will continue to pray for focus and change - likely even after this fast is over.  And I am thankful to My God that He cares enough to listen to a hot-head like me!

No comments: