Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Super Bowl!

If you are my friend, you know I'm not a big sports fan.  It's not that I don't like sports - because I do - I've just found that there are dozens of other things that I could be doing other than watching every football, baseball, basketball and/or hockey game on television.  But - I've always liked the Super Bowl!

A few days ago, my son told me we should have a Super Bowl party.  I walked over to our 27" television, pointed and the two of us began to laugh - yeah, who would want to watch the Super Bowl at our house when everyone we know has a TV the size of the football stadium itself.  Well - that's about to change!

I received a telephone call yesterday from a good friend - they just replaced their "old" television with a flat screen and wanted to bless us by giving us their old TV.  He told me before I say yes to come over and take a look at the TV.  So, I zipped over there last night - walked into the garage, and there it was - glowing in the dark like some kind of beacon, beckoning me to "step into the light."  My friend's garage was immediately transformed into an animated forest complete with Shrek romping around larger than life...on a 50" television with surround sound speakers! Oh my...I'm speechless - all I can get out of my mouth is Thank You!

I have been richly blessed throughout the years, and I am so thankful.  God has surrounded me with some of the most incredibly generous, loving and genuine people!  And it's not just material giving - my friends give their hearts by being selfless with their time and their love for one another.  I only hope I can give back even a portion of what I've received!

...I think I'll start with the Super Bowl - who wants to come to my house?  Here's your invite!

No comments: